In the past eight days I have learned a lot of things.
- It is possible to drink heavily 5 out of 6 nights in a week (I knew this from college, but it was re-iterated). You may feel like you’re going to die when you consume over 15 beers over the course of 13 hours, but you probably won’t if you also consume a lot of food.
- It is totally possible to fall asleep while standing up after a long, slow night at work.
- People are inherently good, but there are some bad apples that haven’t realized this yet that want to take their anger out on strangers. They will realize.
- You will spend a lot of money that you feel you shouldn’t on things that you shouldn’t, but these things will probably make you feel good, even if it is for a fleeting moment.
- It’s okay to tell a boy how much you like them. Maybe good things will come, maybe they won’t. But it feels good to express such feelings as opposed to bottling them up inside (it would have been helpful if I learned this at 18 instead of 23, but these things happen).
- It is possible to go to bed feeling happy and anxious at the same time.
- A lot of feelings have time limits.